Providing Therapy Services to Laguna Beach, San Francisco, San Diego, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, & Sacramento, CA
Talk therapy is one of the most valuable approaches to treating mental health disorders and emotional problems. Gabrielle Thompson, FNP-C, and her experienced colleagues at GT Healthcare in Laguna Beach, California, offer a range of therapy services to their patients, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), individual psychotherapy, group therapy, and grief counseling. To learn how you could benefit from their exceptional therapy services, call the GT Healthcare office today or book an appointment online.
What are therapy services?
Therapy services are essential for recovering from mental health disorders and learning to manage incurable psychiatric conditions. Psychiatric and developmental disorders that benefit from GT Healthcare’s therapy services include:
- Anxiety disorders (including social anxiety disorder)
- Major depressive disorder and postpartum depression
- Substance use and addiction disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Hoarding disorder
- Impulse control disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), including Asperger’s syndrome
- Co-dependency (substance abuse coupled with other mental health problems)
- Thinking disorders
Therapy involves spending time with a qualified counselor or psychotherapist talking about yourself and your problems. Multiple forms of therapy are available, each using different methods to improve your mental health.
Can therapy services benefit me if I don’t have a mental illness?
Therapy can be invaluable for people suffering from emotional or psychological difficulties, often helping to prevent psychiatric disorders like depression from developing. GT Healthcare’s therapy services can help you through many challenging experiences, including:
- Relationship difficulties and divorce
- Grief and loss
- Domestic abuse, including emotional abuse and violence
- Career problems
- Parenting difficulties
- Sexual abuse
- Low self-esteem
- Menopause and other women’s issues
- Anger management issues
- Spirituality problems
You might benefit from therapy services if you have a neurological disorder like Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Patients with chronic stress or sleep disorders can overcome their difficulties with the help of therapy services.
GT Healthcare also welcomes LGBQTIA+ people who struggle with their sexuality or gender identity.
What therapy services are available?
GT Healthcare offers an extensive range of therapy services, including:
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Insight-oriented psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Integrative therapy
- Gender-affirming care and treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- Couples and marriage therapy
- Family, child, and adolescent counseling
- Forgiveness counseling
- Life coaching
- Grief counseling
- Suicide counseling
- Cognitive enhancement therapy
GT Healthcare’s licensed providers have undergone specialized training in EMDR therapy. This technique helps you process traumatic memories using guided eye movements.
Patients with mild mental health problems often recover well after a course of therapy. However, those with moderate to severe psychiatric disorders frequently do best with a combination of therapy and medication.